Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Subjects and Predicates Anyone?

So this is going to be another quick post because I never did get to that grading...grr!! I also need to study for Spanish (I have my second certification test next Thurs.)

So this week my class started learning about subjects and predicates...I showed them the cute Mr. Morton video from School House Rock, they loved it but then I went into more depth with it. Some of them get it, some of them are looking at me like what crazy lady...I have summer vacation on the brain...yea you know that look! Anyway, I created a quick little lesson that I'm going to have partners work on tomorrow after I model of course!

I'm going to have one child write the subject and the other will be writing the predicate. They can take turns if they want!


So here it is and if it can be of any use to you go ahead.


Okay, I'm all planned for tomorrow...skittles graphing..double oo "froot looping" you know regular first grade stuff. :) Night ya'll!!!! I totally just wrote ya'll umm..I've been living in TX for too long!! JK!! :)


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love activities that encourage teamwork. Thanks for sharing!

    Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
    Teaching With Love and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The only 1st grade appropriate subject & predicate items I found! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete