Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, June 21, 2012

My "New" Clasroom

Hello all!

Well, I finally was able to take a tour of my new school and see my classroom.  Perhaps it would have been better if I set my expectations of it to a very low, low standard. Then I wouldn't have had shocked face. I was going to take pictures of it but I was quite bummed out so I didn't even take out my camera.

My principal said that I was going to be in the "orange room". At first I was kind of like, Oh Gosh what am I getting myself in to.  But once I walked in I saw that it was literally the "orange room". A teacher that had been there a few years back thought it would be a good idea to paint two large walls...any guesses? That's right, orange. YUCK! I'm talkin' University of Texas Orange. Don't get me wrong, if you went to this University that's great and all but really? Was that really necessary?

My principal said that I'm more than welcome to paint it and you bet I am. I already went to pick out some paint swatches and have a few colors in mind. It's either going to be a very, very, light blue, or I might just stick with plain old white and brighten up the room.

Oh yes, the room was also the "let's dump everything in here room" but he promised it would all be removed. Once I get my hands on that room, I promise it will look beautiful.  I'm totally type A, love organization, and a clean work space, so it will be done.

The boyfriend is going to help me paint because he's wonderful like that and I know zero about painting, lol!

I think I was just very over-whelmed because I wasn't expecting a huge mess, but now that I think about it, I can really make it my own.

I guess I'm just spoiled from my previous classroom because the room was SOOOOOOOOOO large and everything was new. I made that room just to my liking and it was sad taking it down.

Oh well, I'm just having fun pinning and getting ideas of what I want my room to look like. It's my wallet that's going to hurt. :(

Okay, I think that's a good update for now. See ya later!!
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry that you were kinda disappointed with your new room. At least you are able to paint. I am sure you will make it beautiful!

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I've passed on The Lovely Blog Award to you. Please visit my blog to pick it up: Liv to Teach

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new follower and am glad to have found you. I just realized by reading the comment above that you were already awarded the Versatile Blogger Award and I had posted your button as well. "Great minds think alike" :) If you get a chance, I would love to have you link up on my "Blogs of Inspiration" page.
    Happy Teaching,
    Laura
    TIPS: Teach, Inspire, and Prepare Students

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first room wasn't orange but it was definitely the dumping ground too! I sympathize...I'm sure you'll make it a learning haven by the end of the summer.
    I'm so glad I just found your blog - I'm a bilingual 1/2 teacher and happy to find another bilingual teacher. I'm your newest follower...stop by my blog when you get a chance!
    Laura
    Mrs. Castro's Class 2nd Grade...Spanglish Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though it's a lot of work, like you said, you get to make it your own. Also, how cool is it that you get to paint your room any color you want? I wish I could paint my room.

    Jennifer
    Darling Little Learners

    ReplyDelete